ShaJoes Great Expectations

Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Cute Story (and response)

So, I was watching Maternity Ward on Discovery Health. They showed a preemy born at 6 months gestation. The mom already was messed up on the inside, because her uterus was split in two more or less, so she kind of had two uteruses and the baby really didn't have room. So, they had to deliver him. He was So little and didn't even look like a real person. I go, "See, Hannah? That's a you. That's why you have to stay in a little while longer, because you're not finished baking." Yeah. She's in the baby oven and I had to explain that if she comes out early then she'll have to go in an artificial baby oven to finish baking." I think she understood.

MA's Response
Guess what, Che'? I saw those same programs earlier today and, at that particular segment, I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad to know how you responded to it, when you saw it. At the time, I had thought you wouldn't want to be anywhere near those programs. I was wrong.

Oh by the way, the names of those books I picked up for you today are: (1) "Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents," by Vimala Schneider McClure; (2) "Sign With Your Baby: How to communicate with your infant before they can speak," by Joseph Garcia with Forward by Dr. Burton White; (3) "My Child Won't Do As I Say," by Polly Greenberg; and (4) "Children and Their Mothers," an international pictorial by Hanns Reich.

So, on to the blog we go, MA!

Posted by ID: Clergywomen and Clergywoman :: 1:17 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------


This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

Copyright © 2004-2007. Rev. Lainie Dowell. The Mountainside Ministries.
Columbia, MD. All rights reserved worldwide.