ShaJoes Great Expectations

Friday, January 13, 2006

News From the Hannah Farm

Good day to all,

Sorry about the mass message (you may also get it again, via my aol, but I'll send the family mass on it's own.), but I had my "high risk pregnancy sono" yesterday. It was actually a boost of something good that I needed to pick me up, if only for a moment. I think the story will pick you up too...Maybe?

Everything was fine with the sono. Teddy brought me Sudafed yesterday (non-drowsy), but it didn't really help so much, so I got the Sudafed Cold, which knocked me out (well, Kquiana went for it), AND Hannah as well. She's still sleep.(this was last night after the sono). She was sleep earlier when I got the sono (first time I saw her sleep.). It was SO cute. Precious even. It made me love her more; the sono yesterday. Everything was o.k. What it was that they were looking at was a "venous link" n(maybe it's a "venous leak"? Basically, the technician said that the placenta doesn't all work (it's only a portion that does anything). A small portion of the placenta is sectioned off and either died off or just is there. She said it's such a small portion that it's nothing. I liked the technician. She said also that there were the fibroids...Someone's stirring grogally a bit as I type (I won't name names, but it sounds like Banana)...Anyway. She also said that there were the small fibroids and the one that's 2 inches. She said, that the problem with that would have been if Hannah would have implanted into that, or if it were inside the uterus, I think she said. But none of those are factors, so...We're good and Hannah looks great.

Looking at the sono was funny. Hannah was sleep, so she wasn't playing like usual and it was easier to get pictures. Her feet are up by my ribs and she was kicking the umbilical cord, like, "This place isn't big enough for the two of us." She was so sleepy. She sleeps with her hands over her face crossed. The technician confirmed again that she's a Hannah, because she got a CLEAR shot of her boo boo, which is pressed up on my belly button. That was funny to see her little butt. I just wanted to pinch it. Then, We saw her organs and bones. She's so shapely. Her Jane Fonda workouts are really doing the trick. (I say that, because in the sono at the hospital she was crisscrossing her arms and we caught her doing a drive by thumb suck. I think she knew she'd been discovered, so she quickly removed it and whistled it off.)

Well, the best part is when the technician was finished doing the checking that she needed to. (Hannah's heart beat is 140. Guess that's a wives tale WE can put stock in, huh?). Well, when the tech finished she said, "O.K. DON'T TELL ANYONE OUTSIDE THIS OFFICE. (In the waiting room), ...But now we're going to play." She has an appreciation for our service members and because I told her that I video tape or get as many pictures for Joe, she cut us a solid. We couldn't video tape, but...Well, Joe and I talked about doing the 3D sono. She did it. It was amazing and I WISH Joe were there. I wish everyone could have been there. I saw Hannah's face and it's beautiful. Kquiana was with me and was just as amazed. She was knocked out and her hands were crossed in front of her face, so the mommy person had to harass the baby for a bit. It was like she was going, "No...No pictures at this time. Please, No pictures at this time." I jiggled her saying, "Say Hi to the mommy person. Com'mon Hannah. Say hi to the mommy person." And, "Say Hi to the daddy person. He'd REALLY like you to say hi to him. Say hi..." Kquiana teased that she was going to get shaken baby syndrome. She probably got aggravated a bit and she moved her arms. Her face is perfect and precious. I think she has Joe's nose. Her eyes were closed of course and at a point, I think she pursed her lips. The technician printed out 4 pics for us and they're beautiful. There's a pic, where, you know when you take your baby for pictures and they put their hands together by the side of their face? Like they're going, "See how cute I am?" She did that. Not even on purpose, but it's adorable. It really makes a difference seeing her face and KNOWING how beautiful she is, as opposed to wondering from the fuzzy sono. I nearly blew tears. She's a real person. A REAL HANNAH. She's gone from a little Peppercorn to a Hannah.

Well, this was yet another saga in "Adventures in Hannah Growing" and you heard it first, straight from the "Hannah Farm."

I hope everyone's day is joyous.

Shannon and Hannah

Posted by ID: Clergywomen and Clergywoman :: 3:05 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------


This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

Copyright © 2004-2007. Rev. Lainie Dowell. The Mountainside Ministries.
Columbia, MD. All rights reserved worldwide.