Name::ID: Clergywomen and Clergywoman
Refresh site for updates.
Enjoy your visit! Get in touch.
What a time. What a time.
Joe and Shannon shared a sumptuous "Thank you meal" with all twelve (12) of us who could come. They hosted us at the Marrakesh Restaurant in Washington, D.C. on Saturday night. We were served a seven-course meal, as we sat around low tables. Let's see if I can remember, because we were so stuffed on our way back home. Imagine how much moreso we would have been, if we had knives and forks!:-) But the food was so tender, it just fell away from the bones. The sauces were sweet and tasty. When I say, "platters," I mean it.
The meal began with the waiter bringing out hot water w/olive oil and poured it out to wash our hands and gave w/towels for us to dry them right there at the table.
1. We started with drinks (soft - hot and cold), bread and cold vegetable salads.
2. The waiters brought out platters with chicken and eggs covered with a paper thin layer of filo dough, crushed nuts, and covered with powdered sugar.
3. Next came platters of whole chickens with olives, lemons, and almonds.
Then the lights went out, the music went up, and a belly dancer appeared.
It was all clean and tasteful (as it goes). Cultural and entertaining.
Then, the lights went back to "half mast," and --
4. Next came platters of succulent lamb w/honey sauce and beef kabobs on a stick.
5. Next came the platters of cous cous with raisins.
6. Next came bowls of various fresh fruits and walnuts, w/glasses of hot mint tea.
Last but not least came --
7. The delicious filo-dough pastry filled with tiny crushed nuts and honey! (you know what I mean).
Friends and family alike came from New Jersey and Baltimore (oh, and Columbia,MD).
Thank you, Joe and Shannon!
From all of your family and friends.
(To those who were not able to be physically present ---- you were there, too.)